[mrtg] TCP ports monitoring on Windows with MRTG and RRD

cristip at rogers.com cristip at rogers.com
Wed Mar 3 22:04:21 MET 2004

Hi everybody

I need to monitor the availability of a few services on remote servers. For security reasons the remote sides disabled the ICMP on their machines, allowing us ony the specific services that we payid for.

My target would be to monitor the availability of these ports. Any sugestion, script or utility would be much appreciated.
I am using MRTG,RRD and rrdcgi to display my statistics. The server is Windows 2k with IIS and of course PERL.

Thank you in advance
Cristian

1