[mrtg] Re: MRTG/RRD

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Thu Mar 11 15:58:57 MET 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robin" <robin at manx.net>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 5:51 PM
Subject: [mrtg] MRTG/RRD

Hello all

Im thinking about using RRD to log all my data that MRTG collects,
however Im unsure which front-end to go for.

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/rrdworld/index.html

Has anybody got any recommendations from the above please?

TIA

Robin

----

After trying 14all, routers2, and MRTG-RRD, I love the speed and
simplicity of MRTG-RRD.  Its way faster than the other two, and I
like the output better as it most closely resembles the non-RRD
output of MRTG with Rateup.

Routers2 looks to be the most comprehensive with options galore, but
it would require me to make a lot of changes to my hundreds of
config files in order for it to format correctly.

14all has more features than MRTG-RRD but at the cost of
performance.

By the way, I'm running MRTG-RRD on Windows 2000 with a P4 3.0 gig.

Eric Brander
Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb dot com