[mrtg] Re: Can't locate package $VERSION for @MRTG_lib::ISA

Nejaa Halcyon nejaa at racc2000.com
Mon Mar 15 15:17:01 MET 2004

Greetings,

You'll have to mold this to fit your spesfic situation, but I had a
similar problem...

- First, I'm using version 2.9.22 so things could be a little different.
- Second, I can't quote you exactly what file and line I changed, but the
error output you posted sounds exactly like the problem I encountered.

Okay, I looked at the line of code that producing the "bitwise | operator"
error. From looking at that line, I deduced that the writers were trying
to use the logical opperation "or" at the pipe ( "|" ). In Perl, the "or"
statment is written as a double pipe ( "||" ), so I added another pipe to
the statement.

And then it compiled without complaint.

Hope that helps,
Nejaa

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:54:30 +0100, <triton.7 at firemail.de> wrote:

> I have mrtg 2.9.17 running on an RH9 and get this error message.
> Possible precedence problem on bitwise | operator at
> /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/BER.pm line 601.
> Can't locate package $VERSION for @MRTG_lib::ISA at /usr/bin/indexmaker
> line 49
> 	main::BEGIN() called at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 49
> 	eval {...} called at /usr/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 49I'm no
> perl guru. So that seems very strange to me.thx for help :)
>
> --

"Hackers and academics have uncovered one Windows security hole after
another, turning Microsoft into a frantic little Dutch boy at the dike
without enough fingers."
-- David Pogue, The New York Times