[mrtg] Re: Assistance please

Nejaa Halcyon nejaa at racc2000.com
Mon Mar 15 16:44:58 MET 2004

This is really just a guess, but I wonder what verion of Perl you are
using.

I know "our" came into being 5.6-ish, I guess its possible that you're
using an old version of Perl that does not yet support declaring "my"
variables.

Again, just my knee-jerk reaction...

Nejaa

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:52:54 -0000, Bolton, Andy
<Andy.Bolton at chj.heimbach-group.com> wrote:

> I am compiling MRTG on windows, I have complied the cfg file, and the
> documentation tells me to:
>
> perl mrtg config.cfg
>
> I presume this is run perl and pipe config.cfg through mrtg.
>
> however when it hit return the error
>
> "syntax error at mrtg line 18, near "my "
> BEGIN not safe after errors - compliation aborted
>
> When I interrogate the mrtg file line 18 consists of:
>
> my @STARTAGS=($0, at ARGV);
>
> What is wrong. I am a novice and just getting to grips with MRTG please
> forgive me.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andy Bolton

"Hackers and academics have uncovered one Windows security hole after
another, turning Microsoft into a frantic little Dutch boy at the dike
without enough fingers."
-- David Pogue, The New York Times