[mrtg] Re: Accessing Shell Variables in Template

Fruitman, Corey Corey.Fruitman at allstream.com
Wed Mar 17 21:47:39 MET 2004

You have a shell script that assigns a value to the variable "CPU" then you want to pass the value of that variable to cfgmaker, right?  Just put a dollar sign ($) before your variable name in the script and the shell will substitute it with the value.

This doesn't have anything to do with Perl (or MRTG).

Let's assume you want to use bash as your shell.  Try this:

#!/bin/bash
CPU=4
/path/to/cfgmaker --host-template=$CPU.tmpl [...]

Your template will have to be named "4.tmpl" and be located in the same directory as where you're executing cfgmaker.

Should do the trick.  Hope that helps,

Corey.