[mrtg] Re: MRTG on a machine with 2 ethernet cards

Chiara Sannitz kler at bluemail.ch
Thu Mar 18 09:37:42 MET 2004

Thanks for the reply.
I think that I didn't expose my problem very well, sorry.
I've tried what you proposed but it didn't solved it (I've done it with cfgmaker
and tried --ifref=eth, --ifref=ip, ...).

The problem is not the machine on the local network that I want to monitor,
but the one on which I installed mrtg. This machine has 2 ethernet cards
(with 2 IP) and I don't know how to tell MRTG which one it should use.
(For example I also had to install ntop and ethereal and both allowed me
to set the interface that had to be used (through some parameters or through
the gui)).

I hope it is a bit more clear,
thanks for any advice

Chiara