[mrtg] Re: bug? scale shows k for graph in M

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Fri Mar 19 14:53:18 MET 2004

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 08:19:45PM -0600, Pete Templin wrote:
>
>>As I expected, the current value has grown a bit already, to 4162kbps.
>>The daily graph (max 4162k) and weekly graph (max 4162) have now begun
>>displaying a scale of 1.1M/2.2M/3.3M/4.4M, but the monthly graph (max
>>4003) and yearly graph (max 4003) have apparently not redrawn yet, and
>>still show a scale of 1.1k/2.2k/3.3k/4.4k.
>
> You can force new images being created by removing the old ones.

Yes, I'm aware of that fact.  I believe the key was that the value was
in a range where the units are incorrectly calculated, perhaps due to
the specification of kilo as 1024.

I'm provisioning three new servers, which will take over for a
development workstation.  I will test the current version of MRTG for
the issue (as requested by Tobi) and see if it's been fixed in the many
releases since my current version.

pt