[mrtg] MRTG Error message about LANG set to UTF-8

Judson, John jjudson at Courier.com
Fri Mar 19 21:22:45 MET 2004

Howdy,

I am very excited about MRTG and getting it up and running.  I am receiving the following error message when I attempt to launch MRTG:

***
ERROR: Mrtg will most likely not work propperly when the environment
       variable LANG is set to UTF-8. Please run mrtg in an environment
       where this is not the case:

       env LANG=C /usr/local/mrtg/bin/mrtg ...
***

I am trying to run MRTG in English on a Red Hat system.  Is UTF-8 a problem?  What should I use instead?  Thanks for your help.

Life is grand.

John