[mrtg] Re: System Monitoring DELL server's

Ian Bowman ian at mailbox.net.uk
Tue Mar 23 11:49:58 MET 2004

I believe you are right with this, as it would seem that the DELL mib base
can only be utilised when using the DELL openmanage client software.  I have
no been able to import the MIB tree into net-snmp, or any other snmpd.
Which is especially bad as I am using Slackware 9.1 and kernel 2.6.33 so I
cannot compile my own either.

As for using the openmanage, I believe that openmanage version 1.6 works
fine on ES, just change /etc/redhat-release to be "Red Hat Linux release 9
(Shrike)" before the install and then put it back after.  you'll need the
core XFree libraries and net-snmp installed before too. up2date -i
XFree86-libs net-snmp should take care of it.

I hope this helps, any info would be helpful.

ian at mailbox.net.uk

http://web.csma.biz/resources.dellpedge.shtml

- --
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff