[mrtg] Re: Migration rateup->rrdtool

Tobias Oetiker oetiker+r at ee.ethz.ch
Tue Mar 23 23:18:18 MET 2004

Today Peter Glanville wrote:

> > Yes, i think i got the Version 1.0.40.x86-distr. Version. When this
> version
> > is buggy in windows, which version would you propose?
> <snip>
> >> I think the problem is in 1.0.33 and later...
> >> Steve
> Not quite, 1.0.33 works, it is 1.0.38 and 1.0.40 that have the problem.
> The problem only occurs when WRITING a complete RRD file (eg during
> conversion/creation, or when using Killspike.pl), they are fine when
> updating, ie for normal day to day use.

the bug in rrdtool has been found, the file for writing in rrdtool
restore was not opened in binary mode which has ill effects in
windows ... this fix will be in 1.0.47

tob

> Peter
>

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETZ J97, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker   +41(0)1-632-5286