[mrtg] need to file a bug report

Samudra E. Haque haque at pradeshta.net
Wed Mar 24 00:31:05 MET 2004

hello, I would like to show a graphic of weird (we think so) behaviour of MRTG 2.10.13 with respect to our Nortel 350T-HD ethernet switch. We can attach the graphic (of the MRTG graph) if the mailing list has no objections? Can someone confirm whether graphics attachments are allowed ?
Otherwise, can I ask anyone with a Nortel 350T-HD 24-port 10/100 ethernet switch and running MRTG to please allow me to contact them and obtain configuration help so that we can get the right config for our switch/mrtg monitor.

We are using Linux Slackware 9.x and until a few months ago, we were very happy. When we upgraded our nortel switches, the MRTG polling (rateup) started getting incorrect data and really for each port or so, we are getting :
      Max  In: 52.1 Mb/s (26.0%)   Average  In: 13.2 Mb/s (6.6%)   Current  In: 9079.3 kb/s (4.5%)
      Max  Out: 42.7 Mb/s (21.4%)   Average  Out: 16.3 Mb/s (8.2%)   Current  Out: 1242.9 kb/s (0.6%)
      Average max 5 min values for `Weekly' Graph (30 Minute interval):   In: 43.6 Mb/s (21.8%)/ Out: 52.3 Mb/s (26.1%)

but the graph seems to have no relationship to the actual traffic pattern and is intermittent now. I know that the port is not handling that much traffic and this is not kbps/Mbps scaling issue.

Any ideas or suggestions ?

-samudra