[mrtg] [Q] MRTG on span port

신현정 sheen_mc at samsung.com
Tue Mar 30 06:47:50 MEST 2004

Hi there~

I deployed MRTG on Catalyst 2950 the other day and everything seems to be
OK at 1st sight.
But I found one thing curious soon after.

"No information is gathered from GBIC port!!! "

That 2950 is only for span(mirroring) and I mirrored two 10/100 ports to
one GBIC port. When I ask "sh int gi 0/1", "GigabitEthernet0/1 is up, line
protocol is down (monitoring)" showed up.

I tried SNMP walking on that interface(gi0/1) and found there is enough
information.

I wonder this "protocol down" status is the very reason for no information.

How Can I fix this problem????

Thanx in advance~ Help Me~~