[mrtg] Re: Multiple Ext Scripts

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue May 4 21:38:00 MEST 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 01:56:10PM -0500, Scott Moseman wrote:

>  Target[test]: `perl test1.pl`
>
> But I want to run "test2.pl", too, and put the
> data on the same graph.  My MRTG configs that
> use MIBs use "&" to separate each MIB request
> for a particular Target.

I guess you were trying something like:

  Target[test]: `perl test1.pl` & `perl test2.pl`

or

  Target[test]: `perl test1.pl & perl test2.pl`

That last one won't work for sure.  The first one I don't know.

Why bother?

Either change the scripts, or write a wrapper around it. This
wrapper would remember the first line from script one's output
and use that together with the second line from script two's.

perl test1.pl | head -1; perl test2.pl | tail +2

Place above line in a shell script; use that script between
the two back-tics and it is probably working already.  When
it does, start worrying about optimizing the stuff.

HTH
Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If