[mrtg] Re: command line switch to just verify config syntax?

Jeff Cook Jeff.Cook at wecu.com
Sat May 15 03:53:27 MEST 2004

Yes there is.  I don't have the info handy, but it is in the MRTG docs.  I use it to do exactly what you are trying.
1. Create new config file.
2. Use MRTG to test the file.
3. If bad, send me an alert and run the existing config.
4. If good, copy config over old one and run it.

This happens every 5 min.  I always have an up to date config file.

HTH