[mrtg] Re: Html pages do not refresh..

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue May 18 13:05:03 MEST 2004

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 11:46:46AM +0300, CihanS at garanti.com.tr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with browsers not refereshing the already open pages automatically, the default looks like 5 min, I set it to 300sec and each300sec I see the browser doing a refresh and all the texts refresh but the .png files stay same. I have to press F5 to refresh everything.
>
> Is there any other way to refresh the whole contect every 5 min.

If the files (the .png images) are different and if the browser does
not automatically finds this out, you have a caching problem.

This has nothing to do with MRTG itself, you need to look into your
webserver, proxy and/or client.

There is nothing that MRTG can do about this, other than specifying
a META pragma: no-cache.  Even then this is not guarantied to work.

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If