[mrtg] SNMP monitoring and APC powered rack PDUs

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Tue May 18 17:58:15 MEST 2004

I'm looking for some information on gathering SNMP stats off APC power
strips. Thesewill be powering the machines in our new server room being
built. We just ordered a demo model and I've been playing with it. It
has a nice web interface. Supposedly there are MIBs available that would
show the information regarding the amps being pulled and so forth.
For historical purposes we'd like to graph the data over longer periods
of time using MRTG.
Are there any plugins available for MRTG that would allow us to do this.
Or for that matter, is anyone else graphing power useage off APC
manageable power strips and would be willing to share their setup?
Thanks much.
KJ

--
|         Kerry J. Cox, Ph.D.         __     kerry.cox at ksl.com    |