[mrtg] permissions and grouping graphs

Clark Kee ckee at ostinato.com
Mon Nov 1 15:54:50 MET 2004

We have a functional mrtg installation that monitors a number of Cisco
routers as well as some phone/data switches, etc. I've inherited a
somewhat hacked version of mrtg.cgi, where the hacks mainly serve as
permission control so that clients can only see graphs that apply to
them. Question 1 is what solutions others may be using for this kind of
problem. Second, management would like to see the graphs grouped in a
somewhat arbitrary way, i.e. certain routers together, etc. Question 2
is what solutions others may be using for that.

Thanks.

Clark Kee
Public Interest Networks