[mrtg] indexmaker problem

Gage, Ron ron.gage at handleman.com
Mon Nov 1 18:16:20 MET 2004

Just downloaded and installed mrtg today into my slackware box.
Indexmaker is giving me fits.

Specifically, this is what I am getting...

ron at mrtg:/usr/local/mrtg2/bin$ ./indexmaker -title="Indianapolis Switch
Traffic" -section=portname -output="/www/indy.html"
/usr/local/mrtg2/bin/indy.cfg

:-) in CFG file (/usr/local/mrtg2/bin/indy.cfg)  does not make sense

The config file was built using cfgmaker as follows:

./cfgmaker -global "Workdir: /www" -global "RunAsDaemon: yes"
-output="indy.cfg" -ifref=name -ifdesc=descry -show-op-down
switch at 192.168.1.10

The config file builds fine but indexmaker bombs on it.

Using mrtg v2.10.15 with perl 5.8.4 (base install included with
Slackware 10).

Anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Ron Gage - IT Support Team (IBM)

Handleman Corp.

Troy, Michigan

(248) 362-4400 x4626