[mrtg] Re: MRTG for Windows

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 2 22:09:18 MET 2004

We run our MRTG/RRD under Linux, because it is more scalable, easier to set
up schedules, and easier to create scripts and use available scripts from
the internet.  Also, unix is the MRTG/RRD development platform, and the
Windows version lags behind and had more bugs for a long time.
However -- if you have few Linux skills, you are probably best sticking with
Windows as your MRTG server.  The benefits of Linux for this application (as
I see them) are probably outweighed by the benefits of sticking with an O/S
you are familiar with administering.  It certainly works under Windows, and
is widely used on this platform.

...my 2p worth. (Or should it be $.02 now I'm in New Zealand?)

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes