[mrtg] Re: Off topic...how does DSL reports and the like test speed...something I can use myself?

Winter, R. Stephen SWinter at becu.org
Wed Nov 10 15:30:08 MET 2004

This may not be what you want, but I just use FTP.  I FTP a couple of
large files and try to keep the link saturated for atleast 20-30
minutes.  Command-line ftp gives you a "KBps" at the end of the
transfer.  Not very elegant and probably not an accurate representation
of the type of "normal" traffic, but a decent approximation...

-Stephen