[mrtg] rrdtool and Perl_sv_2pv_flags

bob flynn bob.flynn at s3group.com
Fri Nov 12 10:13:08 MET 2004

Hi,

I am converting mrtg to use rrdtool.

I have compiled up rrdtool-1.0.49

This is located in /usr/local , with a softlink to rrdtool ( for version
control )

ie

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         14 Nov 11 16:18 rrdtool ->
rrdtool-1.0.49
drwxr-xr-x  10 root     other        512 Nov 11 16:12 rrdtool-1.0.49
# pwd
/usr/local

I then modified the mrtg config file, as per
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/mrtg-rrd.html

to include the following lines;

PathAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/bin/
LibAdd: /usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl/
LogFormat: rrdtool

When I invoke mrtg against the modified cfg file, I get the following
error.

ld.so.1: /bin/perl: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/rrdtool/lib/perl//a
uto/RRDs/RRDs.so: symbol Perl_sv_2pv_flags: referenced symbol not found

Can anyone shed some light on this.

I have tried the following;

1. Removing the / at the end of the LibAdd statement
2. Removing the LibAdd statement altogether.

None of these works.

Tks,

-Bob

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communications at s3group.com.
Thank You.