[mrtg] Re: Running cfgmaker on a Riverstone router

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Nov 25 13:12:21 MET 2004

>>> "Gareth Watkins" <gareth.watkins at kcom.com> 11/25/2004 6:51:31 AM
>>>
>Morning all,
>
>I'm setting up MRTG to monitor a new Riverstone network.  The network
>devices run SNMP version 2c and do not respond to cfgmaker (it skips
>everything, saying the device does not support it), although I can
snmpwalk
>when I use the -v 2c switch.  I am hoping that this does not mean I
have to
>build the cfg files manually!  Is there an option for cfgmaker that
forces
>it to use SNMP version 2c please?
>
>Thanks in advance of any help,
>Gareth

>From the docs:

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/cfgmaker.html

                   Specify default SNMP options to be appended to all
                   routers following.  Individual fields can be empty.
                   Routers following might override some or all of the
                   options given to --snmp-options.

IOW, cfgmaker commstring at target --snmp-options=::::2
should work.

Paul