[mrtg] Re: Different factors for OID's on target line

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Nov 29 23:17:31 MET 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 03:21:02PM -0600, William Owen wrote:
> I'm trying to graph used physical memory and used virtual memory on a
> Windows 2003 server box.  I have two separate target definitions setup now
> that use the SNMP Informant agent and work fairly well.  I have a
> requirement now to display both on a single graph.  The issue is that for
> used physical memory, I am polling free physical memory and subtracting from
> the total installed memory.  The outcome I am looking for would be something
> like:
> Target[Server]: (InstalledMem - OID1)&OID2:community at target

Create a script that gets these values.  See "external program interface".

Alternatively, try to find:
-a- an OID that returns InstalledMem  (OID3)
and
-b- an OID that always returns zero  (OID0)

and have  OID3&OID2 - OID1&OID0  in your target

HTH
Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim