[mrtg] Re: reading increasing OID's and converting strings. how?

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães leolistas at solutti.com.br
Thu Oct 7 03:29:33 MEST 2004

    I think there's absolutey no chance that MRTG can deal directly with
this crazy UPS :)

    But, you're always welcome to create a perl script which does the crazy
things you need and then feed MRTG with the processed numbers.

    So the idea is: build a perl script that grabs the last index and then
calls the OID of the last index. Get the value, parse it and print the
parsed information. Configure MRTG as:

target[voltage]: `/path/to/script-voltage.pl`

    Should do the trick, but will need some extra work ......