[mrtg] Re: Monitoring Active Directory Server stats

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Oct 11 22:16:51 MEST 2004

>How I can monitor Active Directory Server related stat on win
>2k server Machine?
We are doing this here.  The way we do it:
1) install the pNSclient agent on the windows machine
2) install the mrtg-pnsclient query tool (on my website, or shipped with
routers2.cgi)
3) use this to allow MRTG to query the perfmon counters relating to AD
4) display pretty graphs using routers2.cgi
routers2 ships with some templates showing examples of how to set up the cfg
files when using mrtg-pnsclient.

This method will also work for any other windows apps that are
perfmon-aware, of course (SQL server, exchange, IIS, etc etc)

Steve

---
Steve Shipway: ITSS, University of Auckland
Email: s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz  Web: http://www.steveshipway.org/
** We can only discover new oceans when we have the **
** courage to lose sight of the shore.              **

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- Size: 155 bytes