[mrtg] Re: How many OID can I read with one mrtg system

Winter, R. Stephen SWinter at becu.org
Fri Oct 15 21:03:42 MEST 2004

Oliver,

I have a Win2k server, Dell 2450, Dual 600Mhz processors, 512Mb mem.  It
updates 1524 ".log" files every 5 minutes.  (and their associated
day.png's and all the rest of the files.)  I monitor about 45 routers
and switches, some with over 200 interfaces...

I have a script broken into three groups so they all start at the same
time. (They will not complete within 5 minutes if I don't separate
them). It takes about 3 minutes to finish all of them.  The processor is
pegged at 100% for most of that time.  Not sure about the DiskI/O...

-Stephen

NOTICE: This communication and any attachments may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient or believe that you may have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the copy you received without printing, copying, retransmitting, disseminating, or otherwise using the information. Thank you.