[mrtg] Re: HPUX cpu usage always 0!

Craig Humphrey Craig.Humphrey at chapmantripp.com
Mon Oct 25 23:11:55 MEST 2004

Hi Eric,

Yeah, it through me for a while.  I ended up using a Windoze SNMP
graphing tool and took the three components:

computerSystemUserCPU
computerSystemSysCPU
computerSystemIdleCPU
computerSystemNiceCPU

And noticed that as User/Sys & Nice increased, Idle decreased.  Whipped
out the calculator and they pretty much always add up to 100, as long as
you subtract the previous measurement and divide by the time
difference...

Anyone else know what I should be doing here?

Maybe I'll just take out the 100- and see what happens...

Later'ish
Craig