[mrtg] Re: Week numbering incorrect on Windows 2K Server.

Eric Brander Eric_Mailing_List at rednarb.com
Thu Sep 2 14:44:30 MEST 2004

Gregers Blach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing the same problem as described in the following post:
>
> http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~slist/mrtg/msg24827.html
>
> The reason I decided to go ahead and post this entry anyway, was that I
> was unable to derive the solution to the problem.
>
> Problem is identical; It is now week 36 (02 September 2004, UTC+2,
> Copenhagen, Denmark), but the week number displayed on monthly graphs is
> a week behind (showing week 35).
>
> I looked carefully through the detailed posts provided by Jerry Heidtke
> and Peter Glanville, but found explanations and not a solution.
>
> If anyone out there has an idea what to do, or actually know a way
> around this, your input will be highly appreciated.

I don't think there is a solution to this problem.  And since it only
occurs on Windows platforms, and everyone HATES Windows, I doubt we'll
see a 'fix' anytime soon.

So, those of us who do successfully and reliably run MRTG, RRDTool, etc
on Windows platforms will just have to suffer.  Luckily for me, the
inaccurate Week number has not been a factor in the usefulness of the
tool so "suffer" might be a harsh word.  Anyway, hopefully you can learn
to live with it too! :)

I'm just ever so thankful that Tobi has gone the extra mile (light
year?) that he has to get his fine tools to run on the Windows platform,
and for all the contributors that have assisted - despite the obvious
distaste for the OS.

Eric Brander