[mrtg] Re: mrtg and CIPE

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sat Sep 11 00:02:36 MEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 05:00:38PM -0400, Michael Nuss wrote:

> >Even if the interface is detected as operationally down, it should be added
> >to the config file.  You can edit the config and un-comment (remove the #'s)
> >the entries that you want.  You'll probably have to enter a sensible
> >maxbytes[target]: for each entry though because is will probably read 0
> >meaning that no data will be logged.
>
> Actually, I did uncomment them and set maxbytes to 12500000 (the same as
> the ethernet interface), but in all the graphs they're showing zero traffic.

snmpread the ifInOctet and ifOutOctet counters.  If they remain zero, there's
nothing MRTG can do to change that.

Ask a suitable mailing list or newsgroup about the subject.  IOW, you need
to find a place with knowledge about CIPE.  This is the place with knowledge
about MRTG.

Alex
--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim