[mrtg] latency on mrtg

stevan stevan at kuwait.net
Wed Sep 15 13:22:34 MEST 2004

Hello All,
I'm Roshan Colaco working for a ISP in Kuwait as System Admin. We are =
using mrtg-2.9.17-3 running on redhat linux 7.3. for monitoring the =
traffic on network links.=20
a) I need the recommended way to get MRTG to measure latency. we want to =
monitor the link between our device and the Clients device, Plot the =
latency into a graph and make it available to the Client through the web =
interface, I found a script called mrtgping.pl for checking latency. I =
also configured the MRTG config file for the same. But when i execute =
the script it throws certain error's They are:
WARNING: Running '/tmp/mrtgping.pl X.X.X.1': No such file or directory
Warning: could not get any data from external command '/tmp/mrtgping/pl =
213.12.226.1'=20
may be the external command did not even start: (no such file or =
directory)
=20
The mrtgping.pl and the config file which i use have been send as =
attachement
Has anyone of you have faced this problem? I'll be really grateful if =
you can help me on the above mentioned issue's. In anticipation i =
remain.

Thanks in advance,
Roshan Colaco
United Cable Co.