[mrtg] Re: Problem reading Breezecom WB10

Rob Dover RDOVER at bclc.com
Tue Sep 21 23:52:46 MEST 2004

--- In mrtg at yahoogroups.com, Eric Brander <Eric_Mailing_List at r...> wrote:

> In your previous message you said you ran an SNMWALK and got what you
> wanted, but in reality you need to run an SNMPGET on that OID to verify
> its working for you. a WALK will get an instance below yet it will look
> like the OID you walked worked. Hard to verbalize but trust me, you will
>   easily eliminate a potential glitch quickly by using a GET instead of
> a WALK.

Bingo! That was it. The doc I had indicated the OID was 1.3.6.1.4.1.710.3.2.3.1.3
Turns out that the correct OID has an extra 0! 1.3.6.1.4.1.710.3.2.3.1.3.0
I didn't realize that snmpwalk behaved that way.
Thanks very much for the help. It's working great now  :-))

Rob Dover
mailto:rdover at bclc.com
"If you listen on a quiet night, you  can  hear the sound of an NT Server reboot".

"THIS TRANSMISSION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE. IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE MAY CORRECT OUR TRANSMISSION. PLEASE DESTROY THE ORIGINAL. THANK YOU."