[mrtg] Re: Cisco Switch: Interfaces don't add up right

Pavel Ruzicka pavouk at pavouk.org
Thu Apr 7 22:39:34 MEST 2005

Hello,

> 64 bit counters are only supported on the 1000BaseT connections.
>
> They don't exist for the 100BaseT stuff.

On my 2950 works 64bit counters very well for 100Mbps interfaces.
Cisco uses 64 bit counters for 20Mbps and up speeds.

Older switches 2924XL and maybe old IOSes in 2950 doesn't support
64bit counters. Probably upgrade of IOS resolve this problem.
On 2950 is null0 interface, which doesn't support HC counters.

Best regards,

Pavel Ruzicka