[mrtg] Re: 30 minute mrtg polling

Dennis Asberry Dennis_Asberry at kcmo.org
Tue Apr 12 19:39:25 MEST 2005

Go into the mrtg.cfg file and alter the polling interval from 5 to 30.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"

             Devaraj.Sahu at Inte
             lsat.com
             mrtg-bounce at list.         mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
             ee.ethz.ch                                                 cc
                                       Devaraj.Sahu at Intelsat.com
                                                                   Subject
             04/12/2005 12:10          [mrtg] 30 minute mrtg polling
             PM

> I am running MRTG (2.9.17) to poll  device interfaces using default 5
> minute polling (via cron).  I am aggregating the interface counters The
> graphs are fine.  I want to increase the polling interval to 30 minutes
> unburden the device.  I tried several things:
>
> 1. increased cron polling to 30 mins.
> 2. set Interval: 30 (in cfg file)
> 3. set step[_]: 30 (in cfg file)
>
> Item 1 alone gave low values.  It is about 40% of the weekly graph
(which,
> by the way, is a  30 min avg)
> Adding items 2 and 3 did not help.
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>

> Regards,
> Devaraj Sahu

Building on 40 Years of Leadership - As a global communications leader with
40 years of experience, Intelsat helps service providers,
broadcasters, corporations and governments deliver information and
entertainment anywhere in the world, instantly, securely and reliably.

This email message is for the sole use of the intended
information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them
to be the views of Intelsat, Ltd. and its subsidiaries.

-- Type: image/gif
-- Size: 105 bytes

-- Type: image/gif
-- Size: 1k (1255 bytes)