[mrtg] Re: OID bridge Proxim

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Mon Apr 18 14:56:35 MEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Melih Turan wrote:

> I used the given OID's, but can not get a graph for the SNR. The first line
> of the log file is always up to date, however the other lines are not doing
> correctly. I tried the perminute and perhour options also but can not get
> the right graph. The gauge option sums the values and doesn't give any sense
> to me.

Unfortunately, MRTG doesn't like negative numbers if you are using the
default log format. If you switch to using RRD as the log format (just put
"LogFormat: rrdtool" in your config) you'll be able to record negative
values. I had to tweak the range on my rrds after they were created.

It looks like I used a range of -100 to 50 for SNR. The command looked
something like  this.

rrdtool tune radio.cfg -i ds0:-100 -a ds0:50 -i ds1:-100 -a ds1:50

Of course, then you need to figure out which CGI frontend you want to use,
and that is a problem in itself. I appear to be using mrtg-rrd.cgi, but I
don't remember if I had to make any changes to get it to work (it's been
a while.)