[mrtg] Re: OID bridge Proxim

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Mon Apr 18 19:22:21 MEST 2005

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Villafuerte Icaza Rodolfo Eduardo wrote:

> When i query the snmp OID i obtain 217, 218, 216 ...(positive)
> But when  i use another tool snmp, for the same OID i obtain other values,
> the query obtain -40, -39, -41 ...

I don't know. The test I did gave me the correct values. Now you may be
running into a problem with the version of MRTG you're running, but I
don't actually know. I see you're using Windows. I tried it on 2.9.17 on
Linux. Of course, I'm also querying different hardware too...

It could also be an integer conversion problem (notice the difference
between the MRTG and real values is 257.) But anyway, this has pretty much
pushed the limit of my MRTG knowledge.