[mrtg] Storing daily/weekly/monthly and yearly data in rrd with 5 minute intervals

John Latimer J.Latimer at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 09:34:13 MEST 2005

Hi all,

I've subscribed to the rrd-developers and rrd-users list but for some
reason  the messages get bounced?

If I could ask here, maybe some one will know what I'm looking for.

I've looked through most of the previous rrd-developers and rrd-users
messages and can't seem to find the definitive answer.

Can someone tell me (by example) what I need to change/modify to be able to
store all the 5 minute data collected from each device being monitored, not
only for the daily but the weekly/monthly/yearly data as well.

My company wants to have a constant 5 minutes resolution of their captured
data, so we can go back to any day (that's been recorded) and get the graph
in its original daily state, disk size is not a problem.

I've all ready modded the front end (14all.cgi) to accept start & end
dates/times, as well as the cacti zoom feature, I just need to be able to
collect the data.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

John

PS.
I'm still testing the modded front end tools, but when happy I'll post the
patches to Rainer as requested, I'll include the zoomer and all scripts.

--
John Latimer,  Senior Performance Analysis Officer,  IT  Services
Chichester Building, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.  BN1 9QJ