[mrtg] Re: is there a way to get more targets in one grafic

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 21 04:23:16 MEST 2005

Quoting "i @ downfire.com" <i at downfire.com>:
> Is there a way to get more then one target in a grafic?
> I would like the cpu statics of 3 servers in one grafic.

Yes, there is.  You need to use Userdefined Graphs.

This is detailed in the doc/HOWTO and doc/EXAMPLES documentation files, and the
syntax is given in the doc/MRTG_INFO file.

You need to use the

routers.cgi*Graph[targetname]: summarytarget options...

directive to define the targets to join together, and then you can use things
like

routers.cgi*Title[summarytarget]:

to add extra options and definitions.

For another example, you can see the online demo pages, where there is a
summary graph defined for the Mail System Summary

http://www.steveshipway.org/cgi-bin/routers2.pl?
uopts=r&rtr=mail.cfg&xgtype=d&if=_summary

Click on 'show cfg file' to see how this was defined in the cfg

Steve

--
Steve Shipway
University of Auckland IT Support Services