[mrtg] MRTG bug with Unscaled[_]?

Erik Amundson Erik.Amundson at oati.net
Fri Aug 26 14:43:04 MEST 2005

I have an older MRTG server and a new one I'm trying to migrate to.  On
the new one, I installed MRTG 2.12.2.  The old server has 2.10.13.  I
used the exact same configuration file, and even moved the DB files over
so the old data is now on the new server.

My problem is that I have it setup in the mrtg.cfg file so that most of
the graphs are Unscaled, but on the new server, it's scaling all of
them.  I have an Unscaled[_]: dwmy in the mrtg.cfg file, and it works
fine on the old server, but it is seemingly ignoring it on the new
server.  I've tried making the command read Unscaled[_]: ymwd in case
that was the problem, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Anyone have any ideas?  I am thinking of downgrading MRTG to see if that
will fix this, but I haven't a clue what the best way to downgrade is...

Is this a bug in 2.12.2?

Erik Amundson
A+, N+, CCNA, CCNP
IT and Network Manager
Open Access Technology Int'l, Inc.
Phone (763) 201-2005
Fax (763) 553-2813
mailto:erik.amundson at oati.net

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:  This email and any attachment(s) contain
confidential and/or proprietary information of Open Access Technology
International, Inc.  Do not copy or distribute without the prior written
consent of OATI.  If you are not a named recipient to the message,
please notify the sender immediately and do not retain the message in
any form, printed or electronic.