[mrtg] Re: Cisco Router

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Aug 31 20:20:48 MEST 2005

Brian Steele wrote:
>Does anyone have a config file for a Cisco 1721 router?  Or perhaps another
>Cisco T1 router?  I'm looking for something with CPU, memory usage, etc.

All Cisco routers, from the 801 to the 12000, use the same mibs.  They just
vary a little based on code.

I wrote a template that will work for all Cisco routers running snmp v2 with
IOS 11.1 or later.  It probes for various mibs and generates graphs based on
what is actually there.  For example, the 6500's with a sup720 report 2 CPU
values, where a Sup2 only reports 1.  And memory moves around between
boots...

http://www.austinnetworkdesign.com/mrtg/cpu.template is the "host template".
http://www.austinnetworkdesign.com/mrtg/ios.iftemplate is what I use for
interfaces so that it integrates well with hobbit, big brother, router2.cgi,
and other tools.

--Dan McDonald, CCIE #2495