[mrtg] Re: snmpget binary location

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Dec 1 15:25:36 MET 2005

>>> "Paul C Edmunds" <pedmunds at duke-energy.com> 12/01/05 8:44 AM >>>
> Hello all:
>
> MRTG is working fine, but I want to check some snmp values manually.

> How do I reference the snmpget command?  I have tried snmpget both
> from a command line and in a Perl script, but I get a "snmpget not
found"
> error.
>
> I can see the snmpget routine that MRTG uses in SNMP_util.pm; can
> I reference this in my Perl script?
>
> Thanks to all for your help.
>
> Paul

This is not related specifically to mrtg, but what platform are you
running?
If a *nix variant, try to do a "find / -name 'snmpget' ."  It sounds
like your
snmp binaries aren't in a location in your path.  If on Windows, I
can't be
of much help.

Feel free to use the perl module to do snmpgets in a perl script.  They

work fine too.

Paul