[mrtg] Re: Blown reports

Scott Haneda lists at newgeo.com
Tue Dec 6 00:15:56 MET 2005

on 12/5/05 12:36 AM, Koelstra, J. (Jan) at JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL wrote:

> There are several ways to deal with peaks caused by nightly backups:
> 1. Use rrdtool and a frontend where you can select the hours you want to see
> 2. Lower the Maxbytes value in your configfile
> 3. Use "Logscale" or "secondmean" at the options line

I have never even looked at options #1, I tried changing the value of
Maxbytes in the config file to a very low number, re-run indexmaker and my
croan jobs that call mrtg, and nothing changed.

Does that setting only affect new data, as in, once the report is already
made, you have to wait 24 hours for the new setting to take place?

Can someone tell me how to deal with logscape and seconmean options, they do
not show up in the cfgmaker manual at all, at least, not as far as I can
tell.