[mrtg] Re: graphs not being built

McDonald, Dan Dan.McDonald at austinenergy.com
Wed Dec 7 00:56:20 MET 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 17:49 -0600, Aaron Clasby wrote:
> I ran through the FAQ's, but I am still a bit lost.
> Graphs for my switches are not being built by mrtg. I ran the configmaker
> against the new host and it made the config for all the switchports and I
> took that information and added it to the production mrtg config, but its
> not creating the graphs. What am I missing? I am sure its something simple.
>   :-(
When you run the mrtg mrtg.cfg command at the command prompt, what sort
of errors do you get?

> If there are any details that I left out that would aid in your helping me,
> please let me know and I will pass along any additional nfo as needed.

are you running from cron or daemonized?  If daemonized, did you restart
mrtg so it would read the new config?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CNX, CISSP # 78281
Austin Energy
dan.mcdonald at austinenergy.com

gpg Key: http://austinnetworkdesign.com/pgp.key
Key fingerprint = B527 F53D 0C8C D38B DCC7  901D 2F19 A13A 22E8 A76A

-- Type: application/pgp-signature
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
-- Size: 190 bytes