[mrtg] Re: newbie mrtg question

Dowling, Steve Steve.Dowling at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Dec 20 03:21:38 MET 2005

Jonathon,

I'd say your mrtg conf is set to record and show bytes/sec.  This is the
default.
Your ISP is probably looking at his logs in terms of bits/sec; this is
common
for people who run WAN links.

Multiply your 400kBytes/sec by 8 to get 3.2Mbits/sec which is about what
your
ISP is counting.

Try adding a line like this to your config file:
Options[asdf]: bits

Steve Dowling