[mrtg] Help me to monitor IP availavlity & plot Unicast, Multicast etc

nm at dasturco.co.in nm at dasturco.co.in
Fri Feb 11 13:07:07 MET 2005

Hello,

I have just successfully implemented MRTG SNMP traffic Grapher on
Windows XP with IIS. I am capturing interface data from our new Core
Switch Cisco 4506 for 24 * 2 10/100/1000 Mbps ports. The result really
thrilled my management that our purchased Cisco Works unable to provide
such a nice, presentable and simple live output.

I thank to Tobias Oetiker, Dave Rand and all the people who contributed
at MRTG.

Now I need some help as mentioned below. If anybody helps me I will be
very glad (and may ask for a good increment form my management).

1. I want to capture and show the total as well as relative percentages
of Unicast, Multicast, Broadcast, Error packets and Discarded packets
per port in PI chart, BAR chart & Line Graph.

2. I want to do IP discovery of multiple Network (VLAN) of 850 network
nodes may be using ping and want to plot the data in a graph to show
howmany nodes are active per Daily Graph (5 Minute Average), Weekly
Graph (30 Minute Average), Monthly Graph (2 Hour Average), Yearly Graph
(1 Day Average).

Note: I am using Microsoft Windows system only.

Thanking you all again

Regards
Niladri Mukherjee

M. N. Dastur & Company (P) Ltd.