[mrtg] Re: Creating Graph

Anson Rinesmith arinesmith at bigrivertelephone.com
Sat Feb 12 00:01:57 MET 2005

> > So in this case, if I have created "myownlog.log", I could just call
> > #rateup.exe myownlog.log ?
>
> Maybe yes, but how do you manage that conflicts between the log file
> of 'your version' and the log file 'updated by rateup'?

Okay, lets take this example:
I have a script that executes all the necessary code to update my
"myownlog.log". By making this the first step in the script that would run
every 5 minutes, I should avoid having this file be open or locked before
running the next step. I'll handle all of the (if thens) and open/closes).
Then and only then, go on to making the graph.

The next step in that script would be ...... what?
I'm hearing use the external program call function. What is this?
Does rateup change the log file?

Sorry for all the confusion, but as Paul mentioned, I don't want to put my
server in a poor state.