[mrtg] indexmaker filter name question

Shane Presley shane.presley at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:51:37 MET 2005

Hello,

I have a simple question about indexmaker.

Let's say I have two hosts in my MRTG config.  One is called host and
the other is called host2.

Using indexmaker I want to create one page for "host" and one page for "host2".

If I use

indexmaker --output=whatever.html --filter name=~host2  /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg

I obviously get a great page for host2.  But how can I get a page for
just host.  Using

indexmaker --output=whatever.html --filter name=~host  /etc/mrtg/mrtg.cfg

Returns a page with host and host2 on it.

In other words how do I pattern match for an exact phrase, not just the start?

Thanks
Shane