[mrtg] Re: Performance Problem

Jon Krause data2 at cablespeed.com
Wed Feb 23 22:54:38 MET 2005

Chuck,
    I don't know the feasibility of this suggestion, but you may wish to
consider moving to either FreeBSD 4.11 or FreeBSD 5.3  .

FreeBSD 5.1 has lots (LOTS) of debug stuff turned on by default as it is
considered a pre-production release.  I think you would have better
performance without much tuning if you were to migrate to FBSD 4.11 -
(highly evolved production release) or FBSD 5.3 - (the first production
release in the 5.0 family).

I would try that first before trying to tune FBSD 5.1

Best, Jon