[mrtg] Reducing utilisation results

Gray, Garrie garrie.gray at eds.com
Mon Jan 10 04:57:20 MET 2005

I have a MRTG implementation getting utilisation stats off switches but have
a requirement to reduce the graphed utilisation results by a set amount to
eliminate a known uniform broadcast stream (IPX RIP/SAP's). After doing the
re-search it looks like I need to pass some 'in' and 'out' parameters within
a Perl script - something along the lines of the following:

Target[SW1]: IfInOctets.<instance>&IfOutOctets.<instance>:community at SW1 -
`perlscript x y`

where x and y are the respective 'in' and 'out' reductions required and
passed to perlscript.
Am I on the right track? and if so, can anyone help out with the required
perlscript as I have no Perl skills.

Thanks,
Garrie Gray
Communications Service Delivery - Canberra
EDS Australia
Ph: (02) 6275 6881 Mob: 0408 190 184
Fax: (02) 6275 5930