[mrtg] Re: Periodic hangs on snmp requests

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
Tue Jan 25 18:08:52 MET 2005

I should also add that in scanning the list archives, I see that Chris
Conn reported something that looks somewhat similar on Dec 31 '04:

--------------------snip----------------------
Hello,

For some reason since I have upgraded to a newer RAID firmware on my
SCSI controller, some mrtg processes hang indefinately and need to be
killed manually.  The rest of the server seems fine.  Other than
claiming there is a stale lock file, the next polls continue without
problem, and when I kill the stale process I get an email with

ERROR: Bailout after SIG TERM

While I investigate this phenomenon, is there a way to set the maximum
execution time of either the mrtg process or the perl execution?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
952/925-0744      Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com