[mrtg] Splitting Rateup & MRTG + pictures on demand

John Latimer J.Latimer at sussex.ac.uk
Thu Jan 27 09:39:07 MET 2005

Hi All,

I'm Running version 2.9.25 and Producing Stats for Approx 109 Network
Devices, 1568 Interfaces and 1664 Targets.

As you can imagine running this amount of targets impacts on the solaris
box that we are running MRTG on.

We have several 2Gig ether-channel interfaces that require probing every
2 minutes or so, otherwise the counters roll over and the graphs are
useless.

What I want to know, is it possible to run the smnp get agent say every 20
seconds but have rateup draw the pictures on demand?

This would cut down on processor load, disc size etc

Is this possible?

Regards.

John

--
John Latimer, Snr Network Analyst, Information & Technology Services
Chichester Building,  University of Sussex,  Brighton,  UK.  BN1 9QJ